The cool thing about blogging, err, Moleskine Notebooks

Blogging is a great viral marketing tool -- sort of the "I told two friends, and they told two friends, and so on and so on" phenomenon. The great thing about blogging is that 1) it's so easy, 2) it's an easy read, and 3) everyone is peeking over each other's shoulder to see what they're blogging about. Then 4) they write about it in their own blogs, which prompts their readers to check that other stuff out.

That happened to me, when Steve at RecordingThoughts.com wrote about my entry about my Moleskine notebook. My first thought was "wow, someone's actually reading this?" But my bigger, and more pressing thought was, "Wow, there are websites devoted to things we use to record our thoughts!" There's also this one at Moleskinerie.com. From what I can tell, it's a pretty cool site about a nifty little notebook. Even guitarist Ottmar Leibert likes it.

Turns out Moleskine is pronounced "MOLE-uh-SKEEN-uh" and NOT "MOLE-skein" as I've been stupidly saying. Still, it beats "mole-skinny" as I'm sure someone has said.

But what really caught my eye on RecordingThoughts.com was the link to PocketMod. Imagine making an 8-page booklet out of a single piece of paper, with only a single tear. No taping, no pasting, no tearing apart. Make a few folds, a single tear, and BAM, instant mini-notebook. I saw this website and completely geeked out over it. If you get the chance, check it out and make one yourself. Now I carry a PocketMod inside my MoleSkine (remember, MOLE-uh-SKEEN-uh) in case I need to write a quick note to myself.

Ah, the things that impress us when we're easily amused. . . and distracted. Wasn't this post supposed to be about the joys of blogging?