Sunday, February 22, 2009

HP Sauce: Weapon or Condiment?

British police officers were rushed to the hospital after coming in contact with something brown and with an "unusual smell."

London's Metropolitan Police said a couple of officers in Enfield, North London were investigating reports of a heinous smell coming through a car window. The officers who came into contact with the substance were taken to the hospital.

The sauce was later identified as HP Sauce, a British brown sauce similar to Heinz A-1 steak sauce, an American brown sauce that has had fewer police health scares.

I used to enjoy HP Sauce with my fish and chips when I worked at Fionn MacCool's, an Irish pub in Fishers, Indiana. It's not my favorite, but I learned to enjoy it.

A police spokesman told the BBC: "Officers who came into contact with the substance were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure."

They were released with a side of chips and pint of lager.


---
Like this post? Leave a comment, Digg it, or Stumble it.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be much more afraid if the brown substance was Marmite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am accepting comments from people with Google accounts to cut down on spam. Spammers aren't likely to register. There's been some Chinese spammer who keeps leaving spam comments under different names, and I'm hoping this will deter him. Jerk.

Other spam comments will be deleted with malicious glee.