Monday, March 02, 2009

Bionic Man Finds Wrapper in his Candy Bar, Smashes Hershey's

A Tigard, Oregon man is making himself nuts, chomping at the bit to get sweet, velvety satisfaction against the Hershey company, and their apparent packaging shoddiness.

Steve Austin – not the Six Million Dollar Man – was watching TV one night at 2 am, recovering from surgery, and chowing down on a Hershey's bar.

According to the blog, Austin noticed, as he was swallowing a bite of his chocolate, that there was something chunky in it.

Notice, he found the chunky item in mid-swallow, not in mid-chew, or as he bit into it, but as. He. Was. Swallowing. It.

"I started choking, and I was up, all alone - my mom was asleep - so it was pretty scary," Austin told Oregon Live. He dislodged the tasty morsel and found a piece of the wrapper baked into the bar.

"I've got false teeth," said Austin. "Someone with real teeth probably could have chewed on through, but I couldn't get it down. And it shouldn't have been there in the first place. I choked so hard I busted a stitch."

Austin saved the remaining candy, as well as the piece of label. He said he's worried that other tainted candy could be out there, causing a child to choke.

Actually, I think most children will chew their food a couple more times, and will thus find inch-long hunks of wrapper in their candy.

Austin has saved the candy, and wants to sue Hershey's. However – and this tells me how outrageous this guy's claim is – no lawyer is interested in taking the case.

I've written about lawsuits filed by people who blinded themselves on a golf course, who weren't being named Homecoming Queen, or whose kids who were given a timeout at school.

I can honestly say this is the first time I've written about lawyers who didn't want to take a case.

Dude, if a lawyer won't take your case, you really need to give it up. Throw the candy bar away, and stick with Gummi Bears.

Like this post? Leave a comment, Digg it, or Stumble it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am accepting comments from people with Google accounts to cut down on spam. Spammers aren't likely to register. There's been some Chinese spammer who keeps leaving spam comments under different names, and I'm hoping this will deter him. Jerk.

Other spam comments will be deleted with malicious glee.