Friday, August 21, 2009

A 6-year-old Theatre Reviewer at the Indy Fringe Festival

Backer buttons: 3 dollars
Performance tickets: 10 dollars
Having your 6-year-old son say out loud what everyone else is thinking: priceless



Find more videos like this on Smaller Indiana


I took my family to the Indy Fringe Theatre Festival Preview night, and we watched several brief performances. While we all had our favorites — the kids loved Blunder Construction, my wife and I enjoyed Crossing the Bridge from Leonix Movement Theatre Ensemble, and I loved the Kenyetta Dance Company's Groundwork Suites.

We also watched Medea from the Butler University players as part of FringeNext. It's an adaptation of the original Greek tragedy by Euripedes, and it's not necessarily everyone's cup of tea, especially for my 6-year-old son.

He sat next to me, patiently, wondering what the hell this thing was about.

Watch the video, and listen closely around the 40 second mark.


---
Like this post? Leave a comment, Digg it, or Stumble it.

5 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Great stuff! Kids are always SO honest! Thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were wondering why people were laughing while we were up on stage...lol, your son has a job waiting for him at Nuvo. ;-) Cute video!

    Kendra (aka Medea's Psycho Ballerina)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kendra,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I did enjoy the play, and will hopefully get a chance to see the whole thing.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'd love to see you there! Two more performances, August 25th and 30th at 6 p.m. at the Fringe Building on St. Claire Street. :-)

    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am accepting comments from people with Google accounts to cut down on spam. Spammers aren't likely to register. There's been some Chinese spammer who keeps leaving spam comments under different names, and I'm hoping this will deter him. Jerk.

Other spam comments will be deleted with malicious glee.