Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ESPN Announcer Joe Morgan Says a Naughty on National TV

I was looking back through my Moleskine notebook today, and came across this little gem: On May 11, 2008, Joe Morgan, former second baseman for my beloved Cincinnati Reds was on ESPN doing color commentary for the Boston Red Sox - Minnesota Twins game.

A foul ball was hit into the stands, and it was caught by a fan wearing a baseball glove.

Joe Morgan said, "Anyone can catch a foul ball with a glove. I'm impressed by the guy who catches it with his hands. If I'm putting together a top ten list of catches, I want someone who catches it with his bare hands."

The same batter hit another foul ball into the stands. And Joe said, "Let's see if someone can get a bare hand job there."

Stay classy, Joe.

Photo: pvsbond

Like this post? Leave a comment, Digg it, or Stumble it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am accepting comments from people with Google accounts to cut down on spam. Spammers aren't likely to register. There's been some Chinese spammer who keeps leaving spam comments under different names, and I'm hoping this will deter him. Jerk.

Other spam comments will be deleted with malicious glee.