Phone It In Sunday: Dutch Insurance Commercial

Since my family is from Holland, I have a special place in my heart for Dutch television. When I would visit my grandmother in Den Haag (The Hague), we could always watch American television shows without the commercials, because they always appeared at the end. Most of Europe requires TV and radio license fees, which eliminates the need for commercials -- think PBS but with regular commercials, not "underwriting messages" -- which means they only play them at the end of shows for about 10 minutes, which gives you plenty of time to do something else.

One thing I always love about Dutch commercials is that you don't need to understand the language to understand the message. This is a commercial for a Dutch insurance company.





---
Like this post? Leave a comment, Digg it, or Stumble it.