Orange County Pips Celebrate 81st Anniversary (PRESS RELEASE)

Orange County Pips Celebrate 81st Anniversary
September 1, 2026
For Immediate Release

(ORLANDO)—The Orange County Pips, the fledgling Sherlockian scion society, announced that they would celebrate their 81st anniversary at a celebration in May 2027. The anniversary marks their anniversary of creation in May 2025.

"I realize that’s only our second anniversary," said OCP founder Erik Deckers. "But the scion societies in Indianapolis, Michigan, and Baltimore were having all the fun with their own 80th anniversary, and I guess I let my competitive nature get the better of me."

Deckers’ reasoning is that since their members will most likely not be around in the year 2105, they should celebrate now while they still have the mental acuity to enjoy the momentous celebration.

"We’re celebrating it now because we want to get it out of the way in a hurry. We believe in being proactive," said Deckers. "I mean, science has made some wonderful leaps forward, but I don’t think we’ll be around for that long."

The group meets every fourth Wednesday of the month (except November and December) at the Cracker Barrel at 3316 Daniels Road, Winter Garden, Florida, at 9:00 a.m. Attendance is free, although each member is expected to pay for their own breakfast. 

This new celebration will include a quiz related to one of Sherlock’s and Watson’s adventures, a toast, and numerous rabbit-trail discussions about the members’ many different Sherlockian experiences and recollections. Or, as the Pips call it, "business as usual."

"I’m sure there will be certain persnickety people who will point out we’re roughly 79 years too early for our celebration," admitted Deckers. "But to be honest, we didn’t start out with very many people, and it’s doubtful we’re ever going to see eight years, let alone 80. So let us have our moment."

For more information on the Orange County Pips’ 81st anniversary celebration, visit them at https://www.meetup.com/orange-county-pips.



####








My new humor novel, Mackinac Island Nation, is finished and available from 4 Horsemen Publications. You can get the ebook and print versions here.