7 Things About Me for Smaller Indiana

I've been memed! I've been on the Interweb for several years, and even had to learn what meme was a few months ago, and realized I had never been memed. But my friend Kristie Bradford of Kristie's Creations tagged me in the new Seven Things About Me that's making its way around the Smaller Indiana social network,

1. I was born in Missoula, Montana while my dad was in the Ph.D. Program at the University of Montana. We moved to Muncie when I was 2, and I've never been back. I don't even remember what the place looks like.

2. I played French Horn from the 5th grade through my senior year in high school. I played cello for two years, guitar for three, and violin for one week. I gave up the French Horn when I went to college. I usually don't miss it, until I hear Ravel's "Bolero."

3. I played King Herod in my church's Passion Play in Syracuse, IN just a few months after I got married. My wife and I were the stage managers. I didn't want to be in the play in the first place, and when I read the part the second night of rehearsals, I thought I was filling in for a missing actor. When I was done, the director said, "I think we found our Herod!" The 30 or more people in the cast all shouted their agreement. You just can't say no to a bunch of Nazarenes who have made up their mind about something.

4. I have written three stage plays, none of which have been produced, and eight radio plays, six of which have been. I have also written over 700 humor columns without missing a deadline.

5. I get misty-eyed whenever I hear "Silent Night" during Christmas. This does not affect me at any other time of the year.

6. I have an undergraduate degree in Philosophy from Ball State University. In other words, a B.S. in BS from BSU.

7. I am a grammar snob, and gnash my teeth when people say "less" instead of "fewer," or "you and I" when "you and me" is correct. I also have a desperate need to be liked, so I never say anything to people who use poor grammar.

Rules are below. Enjoy!

Now my turn to continue:

Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Put the list on your blog, if you have one.

I'm tagging:

Toni Deckers
Rae Kridel
Kevin Hill
Bill Smith
Milo Curtis
Dave Ambrose
Lisa Ralph


---
Like this post? Leave a comment, Digg it, or Stumble it.