Parks & Recreation's Aziz Ansari Wants You to Boycott IMAX Theatre

Aziz Ansari is angry at the injustices of the world. He's speaking out, he's on his soapbox. He's as mad as hell, and he's not going to take this anymore.

It seems Aziz -- the guy who plays Tom Haverford on Parks & Recreation -- is pissed that he was charged an extra $5 to watch the new Star Trek flick on an IMAX screen, but it wasn't a IMAX screen at all. It was just a larger screen.

He's urging people to boycott IMAX, AMC, and Regal Theaters.

Here's a clip of what he said happened:

At the AMC theatre this was my experience at guest services:

Aziz: Yes, I’d like my $5 back. I paid $5 extra for an IMAX screen and that’s not nearly as big as what I have known IMAX to be.
Guest Services: I can’t sir. Its IMAX quality picture and sound.
Aziz: But the screen isn’t big, that’s the whole reason I pay $5 more for IMAX.
Guest Services: Well sir, you watched the whole movie, you could have come out and we could have given you tickets to a different one.
Aziz: Why would I do that? I’d leave Star Trek, the movie I wanted to see and you’d give me a ticket for Ghosts of Girlfriends Past? Oh yeah that’s fair! No, you need to give me the $5 back, its the principle of it. Can I see a manager?


I can't decide whether Aziz is blowing this out of proportion, or if he should be applauded for his efforts to fight for the little guy. Either way, I'm digging the Harlan Ellison-like outburst Aziz had with the theatre manager.

You can also follow Aziz's ongoing debate with the IMAX CEO on Twitter.




---
Like this post? Leave a comment, Digg it, or Stumble it.