Guest Post: What My Best Friend Has Done For Me, by Samantha Brown


Every so often, I will feature new/young writers who are looking for a place to publish their work. Samantha Brown is a writer and speaker who focuses has cerebral palsy. She blogs at DisabilityAbilityAwareness.wordpress.com.

I was a young girl, around seven years old and had just started second grade, when I met my best friend, Jose.

Even after he moved away many times we did everything together anytime that we could, and we still talked every day. We grew closer than when we first became friends . Even when we were apart, whatever we were going through, we were never pulled away from one another. We have been friends for almost eighteen years, and through Jose, I learned what a real friend is.

Jose is the one person that I know I can tell him everything no matter what happens. He is the one person I have never lost trust in. He is one of a very few people in my life that I trust enough to tell them everything going on with me. I feel like I can call him with anything whenever I need him. He has my back and he has the best thing to say right when I need to hear it or when I need a friend to hold me up when I'm having hard times.

Jose gives encouragement when I need it most. He is the voice that helps me go when I feel stuck. When we are together, we have a much better time than we have when we're apart.

He has also helped me open my mind to what I saw as hard before. He turned my way of thinking around and made me see the good in things. He is one of the people in my life who brings me more joy and hope. He is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I get a smile on my face every time I see his.

Jose is life-long forever friend who gives me a strong friendship that never stops growing. He has always been my supporter who always believes that I can do anything and everything I set my mind to.